Wing Chun, as an art, has a different system and lineages. All the system and lineages have excellent theories and its applications.
At WCBT, we follow a curriculum which is an amalgamation of 2 specific lineages viz. GGM Leung Ting and GGM Wong Shun Leung, so as to get the best of both the worlds.
Therefore, our curriculum is as follows:
- Empty hand forms to develop structural alignment, mental calmness, muscles relaxation and balancing.
- Sticky hands and trapping hands to develop sensitivity and to control the opponent in close quarters respectively.
- Shadow Boxing to build reflex.
- Pad-works and Heavy bag training to develop power and improve cardio.
- Sparring (using bare knuckles as well as gloves) to test what we have learned, and
- Conditioning drills
Certification and Grading
- At WCBT, our objective is to create skilled individuals who are capable and self-reliant to protect themselves and their loved ones on the street.
- In this regard, our certification/grading exams are rigorous and is conducted only twice a year.
- We do not follow the practise of bestowing certification/grading just at the drop of a hat.
‘REMEMBER: THE STREET DOES NOT CARE FOR CERTIFICATION/GRADES.’
Important Note: We do not have any franchise from any specific lineage.